What do I need to run a home insurance quote?
There are two types of home insurance: buildings insurance covers damage to the fabric of your property, including fixtures and fittings, while contents insurance covers your belongings. You can compare home insurance prices for both buildings and contents cover with MoneySuperMarket, so you can protect your home against fire, flooding, storm damage and theft.
When applying for home contents and buildings insurance, you will need the following information:
Details about your property
- Your address and property type (eg semi-detached or terraced)
- Number of rooms
- When your home was built
- What percentage of the roof is flat (we’ll help you work this out)
- Number of occupants and when they tend to be home
Rebuilding cost and value of contents
- Based on your postcode, we’ll suggest a figure for the cost
Security at your property
- What lock types are on the windows and doors at your home?